What I've Learned From Rock 'n Roll


Let's face it, Rock Music has been around for more than 50 years. Like any other art form, it is evolving. As a kid I listened to the radio - a lot! It was listening to Dan Ingram and Cousin Bruce Morrow on WABC radio that convinced me that radio was the career for me. What happened? Well, that's a story for another post. Meanwhile, here's some of what I learned from listening to popular music:

"When you ain't got nothing,you ain't got nothing to lose." - Bob Dylan
"They say that looks don't count for much - so there goes your proof!" - Joe Jackson
"Everybody's got something to hide but me and my monkey." - The Beatles (No, not Michael Jackson)
"Hate your next door neighbor, but don't forget to say grace!" - Barry McGuire
"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now." - Crosby, Stills & Nash
"Be sure to hide your roaches." Crosby, Stills & Nash
Her face, at first just ghostly, turned the whiter shade of pale." - Procol Harum
"And Dion & The Belmonts are in the parking lot stealing hubcaps off the cars." - The 4 Preps
"There ain't no Coupe De Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack Box." - Meatloaf
"A pretty face can hide an evil mind!" - Johnny Rivers
"I'm like a one-eyed cat, peepin' in a sea-food store." - Big Joe Turner
"After all, it's what's we've done that makes us what we are." - Jim Croce

So there you have it. It's a brief sampling. Feel free to add some of your own...

No comments: