Ann Curry "Out" @ NBC?


I like Ann Curry. I think she has enormous talent and class. Does she do a good job co-hosting the Today Show? I don't know. You see, I have a job and in my time zone, the Today Show coincides with my work schedule.

The word on the street is that Ann Curry will soon be replaced. Matt Lauer is the male host. He is the star of the show. Here's the problem: poor ratings. How do you overcome poor ratings? Improve the show? That takes too much time. Fire one of the hosts? Yeah! That calls attention to the show, people love drama - even on a news magazine show.

How you do something like this is important. It is believed that NBC executives have leaked the story to the NY Times that Ann Curry will be replaced. This is chicken shit. The executives should be canned. Aren't they ultimately responsible for the show's ratings?

Would it make sense to ask former viewers why they no longer watch the Today Show? If they took the time to research the falling ratings, I'm sure they'd find that it's not Ann's fault.

No comments: