Super Bowl XLIV Pick


Before I give you my pick, maybe you can tell me why the Super Bowl is always played on a Sunday? Wouldn't it make more sense to play the game on a day of the week where the fans could recuperate for a day before returning to work or school? Who wants to go to a "party" on a Sunday night? Many of the private schools in Indiana are closed on Monday, following the Super Bowl. There was serious talk of the Hoosier public schools to close, also. Some suggested a two hour delay. Are you listening, NFL?

The answer, of course, is that the NFL doesn't care! If they could make more money (TV revenue) on Saturday, it would be there faster than you can say "Who Dat?"

It's almost a shame that NFL football is so enjoyable, in that the jerks who run the league turn out to be successful - in spite of themselves!

My prediction: Great game - one that will be talked about for years!
My pick: COLTS

No comments: