Brickyard 400? No Thanks!


Ilive 90 minutes west of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I've been there many times for the "500" and last year I satisfied my curiosity by attending the Brickyard 400. It was incredibly (yawn) mediocre! I'm sure that the NASCAR drivers are the best at what they do. The fact is that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is NOT A NASCAR TRACK! It is a 2 1/2 mile oval which was originally built to test automobiles. Through the years, the "Indy Cars" have been designed to handle this specific track. In NASCAR, the opposite is true, the racetracks were constructed to handle the cars. Do you see the difference?
Another reason that I am saying "no thanks" to the Brickyard, this year is the piss poor job of routing traffic around the track and to and from the Interstate. Half the travel time on my 87 mile trip, after the race, is spent on the three miles from the track to the Interstate.

After all these years, they still can't get it right.

No comments: