Introducing: RED Celery!

The Red Stuff

Before we get into this, let me tell you that when I think of celery, I think of the green stuff. For me, it's always been green and should remain that way.
Celery, being green, does not bore me.
Red celery does not excite me.

I can't see why this is being done!

Well, Duda Farm Fresh Foods introduced their RED celery to the U.S. Produce Marketing Association's Fresh Summit Trade Show in Orlando, today. The process involves cross pollination of regular celery with a heritage seed from Eastern Europe.

The Duda folks claim that the red stuff will taste like the green stuff and will be as crisp. They failled to mention any difference in price between the two varieties.

My guess is that the red variety will cost a little more because of its unique status....not because it's better...because it's not.

No comments: