Sleeping In Church


This is something of which I am not particularly proud. It has no reflection on the importance that I place on religious worship, but the fact is, it is common for me to doze off in church. The fact that the sermon is delivered in a monotone voice from a source who may need a new set of dentures and is speaking over a crummy sound system and is difficult to understand, is no excuse for my behavior. The only excuse that I can come up with is that my batteries are low at this time of the week. You see, I work six days a week and just as I get hungry at dinner time, (...)
I get sleepy at church time. It happens. Much of this blog is edited late at night (late for me)and I often find myself dozing at the keyboard.

There is one unwritten rule involved in dozing off in church. Under no circumstances should you ever, ever allow yourself to snore! If you do, well, let's just say, this is one of the reasons that nature has suggested the need for a wife.

No comments: