Golden Globes

Photo By Steve Granitz/WireImage
Tonight is the annual Golden Globes awards ceremony. It's a three hour show on NBC. I'm not watching it, mainly because, in an effort to be the perfect husband, after watching two football games, I gave the TV remote to the wife.

 We are watching "Peoples' Court" - DVR-ed from earlier in the week. The cool part about watching a DVR is that you can zap past the commercials! I mention this for the benefit of my egocentric friends who own their own businesses and they like to see their mugs on TV - in their commercials. (Analog spots on HD TV!)

 I digress.

 The picture is of Sofia Vergara who is a very wealthy actress/model and is wearing a very, very nice "borrowed" gown to the Golden Globes. If you look closely enough, you will see $5 million dollars worth of jewelry borrowed from Harry Winston! I must admit that when I look at a picture of Sofia Vergara, I don't normally look at the bracelets on her wrists.

Ironic enough? Nope, there's more! Half the people watching this extravagance are living off government checks!

Yeah, we can really relate...

No comments: