Free Stuff

I was reading a radio station facebook page when I came across a post where someone said that eyeglasses and contact lens should be FREE because I did not ask to have poor eyesight.

Well, my little friend, that's a nice thought.  What are you, in kindergarten?

NOTHING IS FREE!
If you get something that you do not pay for, believe me someone is paying for it.  Nothing is free.  If a business sends you some free samples, it's not free.  It's a form of advertising, the cost of which is contained in the product that they hope you will buy.

When I was in the Army, I got some free stuff.  Other people paid for it.  I guess they felt sorry because there was a good chance that we were going to get shot at.

Nature gives us rain and wind.  Yes, that's free, but protection from too much rain or wind is not free.  That's why we have insurance and housing.  Housing?  Yes. Some of us live in free housing.  You will figure out this and a lot of other things when you grow up and start paying taxes.

Which brings me back to the radio station Facebook post.  That's the one about wanting free eye care because the person did not ask to have poor eyesight.  The radio station has a target audience of teens and young adults, many of whom are still living off their parents or the government.  They play rap music, hip hop and the like.  I am forced to listen to it because I work at a competing radio station.

Hey how about this, I should't have to pay for your free stuff because I'm not your father and I did not request to live among free loaders.

Naa.  I'm just sounding like a nasty conservative.  In a few years, I'll move far into the woods, away from the 21st century and live off the remaining social security which has not been stolen from me, yet.

General Tom's Blog is now on Facebook!

No comments: