1001st Post


Ok, I lost count. I wanted this to be my 1,000th post, but I screwed up. I'd like to take this time to thank you for taking the time to read the garbage contained in the previous 1,000 articles over the past 5+ years, with the promise that there is plenty more to come.

This comes at an interesting time, as there is a situation at the place where I work. I've been employed for 15 years at this particular place. Economic and health hardships have forced my boss to sell the place. The buyer is a little younger and a lot wealthier than my boss. The question is, what is the new guy going to do to the place where I'm working? I mention this because this situation is common to many (too many) other places of business, worldwide. The managers, here, have interview appointments scheduled for Monday morning with the new guy. The managers are, shall I say, grumpy? Could it be that they have the most to lose? Some of them should be fearful for their jobs. I think that I'm pretty good at what I do and I'm sure that I can pull down the same or more at a different place, if necessary. If I were overpaid where I am, now, I'd be concerned.

The following few days should be interesting, very interesting - stay tuned!

No comments: