Nod To God = 15 Yard Penalty!


Tumwater (Washington) High School running back Ronnie Hastie was flagged for dropping to his knee and pointing to the sky after scoring a touchdown during a playoff game. He says he did it, “To honor my Lord because I play for him. I give him the glory because he's the one that gives me the strength."

He was called for unsportsmanlike conduct, a 15 yard penalty - for breaking a Washington Interscholastic Activities Association rule that bans players from drawing attention to themselves.

Tumwater defeated East Valley 63-27.

Hastie says the next time he scores a touchdown this season he plans to play by the rules.

Tumwater will play in the 2A State Championship on Saturday at the Tacoma Dome. I pick Tumwater to win the game on a last minute "Hail Mary" pass.

No comments: