Oscars vs. Real News

I have been surfing the Internet for the past hour or so and I noticed that there are a lot of stories about the Academy Awards. You know, the annual ceremony where millionaires compete for additional recognition, fame and fortune.

As I get older, the routine seems to be getting more and more sickening.

My statistics tell me that fewer than one third of this blog's visitors come from the USA. Maybe attention to the Academy Awards would make sense?

I would like be serious for a moment and draw your attention to an under reported story. Our people are being killed in Afghanistan. The most recent uprising has been over a perceived religious sacrilege on the part of the American military community. Please click this link to view a detailed, updated list of allied fatalities.

Unlike Hollywood, these are real people, ordinary people who were killed while serving their country.

No comments: