Tornado Country

First, thank you to many of you who mentioned concern for my safety amid the recent tornadoes in the American Midwest. I assure you that I'm OK.

Major damage came to areas which are south of me - as close as 100 miles. The damage is much worse than what you are seeing on TV. You are limited to viewing on a 30" - 50" TV screen when the damage is complete and widespread. In many cases, this is worse than Hurricane Katrina. There was no pinpoint warning for these tornadoes as there was for the Katrina hurricane. Yes, the gulf shore is more populated than these areas of southern Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky.

Help is needed. The government will spend some money, but not enough. Many agencies will offer aid and will seek support. I suggest the Salvation Army. I have my reasons for supporting the Salvation Army and I encourage you to do the same.

By the way, no severe weather is being predicted for the affected area for the near future.

No comments: