TP Prank Results In House Fire

There's an interesting rite of passage where kids "vandalize" neighborhood properties by throwing toilet paper into trees. This was not a common practice when I was a kid. We had better use for toilet paper. So, in Dora, Alabama where Cheryl Crausewell lives on Sonny Street, some kids decorated her trees and yard with a lot of toilet paper. While cleaning up, some of the stuff was caught - high on a magnolia tree. Someone decided to burn the toilet paper. Bad idea. The grass caught fire and spread to the propane tank of an outdoor grill. Puff....the house is a total loss.
Everyone got out of the house safely. No injuries.

No comments: