Wi Fi, why not?

During the holidays, the family and I went out to eat at one of those premium national franchise restautants. You know - the ones that have the same menu from one end of the country to the other with no local geographic personality. Well, when I was there, I saw that they offered "Free Wifi!" Wonderful! I could surf the net, check my e-mail and check the traffic stats on this blog - all as I wait for my food, right?

NO. Their Wifi was not working! I understand that things break down, but Wifi? If you are going to offer it, PLEASE make sure it works. If it doesn't work, don't offer it. If I were there by myself, I would have walked out.

I don't understand why any business would not want to offer free Wifi......at least during business hours.  It's 2017!  People "live" on-line.  If you want to give your business an edge or if you simply want to keep the customers you have.....offer free Wi Fi...and make damn sure it works.  Especially if you are operating a restaurant.  Trust me, your food isn't that great.  The food at the joint down the street is just as good or better...and probably has prettier waitresses.

I'm a dinosaur, but I can guarantee you that if you don't keep up with the times, you will fall victim to the times.  All the newspaper advertising in the world won't save you.   And if you can't manage to deliver working Wifi, should I really get excited about a $40 meal at your greasey spoon?



General Tom's Blog is now on Facebook!

No comments: