Macy's Fires Santa!


John Toomey has "played" Santa Claus at Macy's in San Francisco's Union Square for the past 20 years! The guy knows what he's doing! He's a pro! Well, the semi-retired 68 year old got canned for telling a naughty joke...to an adult couple. Occasionally, adults will visit "Santa." Toomey says "When I ask the older people who sit on my lap if they've been good and they say, 'Yes,' I say, 'Gee, that's too bad,'" He adds, "Then, if they ask why Santa is so jolly, I joke that it's because I know where all the naughty boys and girls live." That's It! Is this what passes for "naughty" at Macy's in San Francisco? Toomey also says that the kids who sit on his lap get only his trademark laugh and questions about what toys they want.

Here's the "happy ending!" Toomey got another job, doing exactly the same thing, at a store a few blocks away.......for twice the money!

Way to go, Macy's!

No comments: