Schlafly Beer

Schlafly - brewed in Saint Louis
We had some visitors on Christmas, so in preparation, I went out an bought a case of beer. Beer is just about the only thing that I am in charge of purchasing. I picked up a case of Budweiser, cans. Occasionally, I drink Bud in bottles, but this time, for some reason, I went for the cans. The stuff isn't what it used to be. Based on more than 40 years of beer drinking, I think I know a loser beer when I taste one. What a disappointment! 

So, my son, who is visiting, stops off at our little Wal Mart and stumbles over a local brew that he remembers from his college days in St. Louis - Schlafly Beer. More accurately, Schlafly Pale Ale. Delicious! You can taste the ingredients, it's smooth and you can tell that it's not mass produced like some of the big name suds. 

Expensive? Cheaper than the imports. I like it. If you like beer and if you can find the stuff, you may want to give it a try.

No comments: