Who @ The Half


I'm thinking that somewhere there were kids wondering who those old guys were at the Superbowl halftime show, singing the CSI songs?

Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend, the two surviving members of The Who filled the dozen or so halftime minutes with just about what we thought they would. The songs were and are important to me and I can honestly say that I love them! It was great to see Townsend and Daltrey on stage! But at the Super Bowl?

This reminds me, of the little town where I live, where there's an annual Autumn Festival. On the Saturday night of the festival, a "name" band from the 50's or 60's performs. They perform on the bandstand at the Courthouse Square and we bring our lawn chairs and listen. It works, and it sounds about like The Who did at the Superbowl!

Why the does the NFL have oldtimers perform at the Super Bowl?

Janet Jackson.

It is estimated that 106.5 million people watched last night's Super Bowl broadcast. This makes it the most watched show in American Television history, breaking the 27 year old record which had been held by the final broadcast episode of the television series M*A*S*H* in 1983.

No comments: