Veterans Day 2013

Today is Veterans Day. It's a day where we honor our military veterans and thank them for their service.

Where I live, the kids have no school and the vets still have to work! That's OK, it's nothing new.

As a veteran and as an advertising guy, I'd like to see restaurants offer free lunch to all veterans. You know, maybe a free order of chipped beef on toast - or as we used to call it, SOS...Sh*t on a Shingle. Ah, memories.

As I have mentioned, before, there is no need to thank me for my service. I was drafted and I was directed to do nothing of significance for my country while existing in the service.

But, all of that is in the past. If you are a veteran, hold your head up high. You may not be perfect, but at least you did something while being ignored by the 90% of your countrymen who just don't get it.

SIRIUS|XM Radio - XM eStore

No comments: