Super Bowl 50 Prediction

Super Bowl L
Super Bowl 50 begins in about 3 hours. I decided to make my prediction at the last minute. Before I do, I should ask why this year's game is called Super Bowl 50 and not Super Bowl L? For 49 years we've been refering to thse games with a roman numeral. I realize that this causes a problem for the intelligent challanged among us. Perhaps the NFL is catering to the low IQ fans by turning the L into 50.  Also, in sports L is an abbreviation for loss.  Whatever.  I see it as dumbing-down one of our great sports institutions.

Now, to my prediction.  Carolina!  I'd rather see the Broncos win, but I don't think that Peyton Manning can beat Cam Newton.  Manning will be better prepared than Newton, but PM's got a history of losing the BIG ONE.  Sure, he won the Super Bowl once...in the rain.  He's a great quarterback.  He  will probably be regarded as a much better quarterback than Cam Newton - but not today.  I believe that DEFENSE wins games and that the Broncos have one of the best defenses in the NFL,  It won't be enough.

Panthers by at least 10 points.

General Tom's Blog is now on Facebook!

No comments: